As Galerist Sanat Galerisi A.Ş. (“Data Controller”), we exercise utmost due care about your personal data. For this reason, we would like to inform you about your rights on the use and protection of your personal data within the scope of the Law No. 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“KVKK”) in force with an aim to protect your fundamental rights and freedoms.
1. What is Personal Data?
In the KVKK, personal data is defined as any kind of information related to a natural person who is either identified or identifiable. In this regard, your name, last name, e-mail address, and phone number that you share with us are defined as personal data.
2. What is the purpose of personal data collection by Data Controller?
As Data Controller, we collect your personal information with an aim to provide you with services, fulfill our legal obligations, and inform you on campaigns, news, and recent developments and we process your personal information in this regard.
3. Why and to whom do we transfer your personal data?
We may share your personal data with our headquarters abroad, our affiliates that we collaborate at home as well as institutions and organizations collectively representing us during the period of our business relationship with them and/or our business partners that we cooperate to conduct our activities. In addition, we may share your personal data with courts and other public institutions to fulfill our legal obligations provided that such personal data sharing shall be limited thereof.
4. How do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data shared with Data Controller are kept in compliance with the applicable legal regulations, provisions of the KVKK, and Data Controller standards.
5. How long do we keep your personal data?
As Data Controller, we keep your personal data in compliance with the KVKK. We will delete or destroy your personal data, or otherwise make your personal data anonymous to continue to use when the purpose of processing personal data is no longer in effect as per Article 7/f.1 of the KVKK and/or upon expiry of the period of limitation under which we are obliged to process your personal data as per the applicable legislation.
6. What are your rights pursuant to the KVKK?
Pursuant to Article 11 of the KVKK, you are entitled to make the requests listed below by submitting an application to us regarding your personal data:
- Request to learn about whether your personal data are processed,
- Request for information on your personal data if such personal data are processed,
- Request to learn about the purpose for processing your personal data and whether such personal data are used in compliance with their intended purpose,
- Request to learn about third parties to which such personal data are transferred in Turkey or abroad,
- Request for correction of your personal data in case of incomplete or inaccurate processing of such personal data,
- Request for deletion or destruction of personal data,
- Request for notification to third parties, to which such personal data are transferred, of the processes for correction and/or deletion or destruction of your personal data in case such personal data are processed in an incomplete or an inaccurate manner,
- Raise an objection to any result against the person arising out of any analysis of such personal data exclusively by means of automated systems, and
- Claim for compensation of damages in case of damage arising out of any illegal processing of such personal data thereof.
As Data Controller, we will reply to your requests free of charge as soon as possible within 30 days based on the nature of such requests. However, in case such requests require for any additional costs, the fee stipulated in the tariff determined by the Board shall be payable.